Why Choose Animigo’s Deshedding and Grooming Tool
Animigo’s deshedding device is formulated for easy and safe hair removal on a regular basis. It features a stainless steel edge for an easy glide over the skin. The device has an ergonomic design and a non-slip grip for your comfort and your pet’s safety. It gently removes hair from the top coat without digging deeper or causing any discomfort to your pet. Plus, the push button makes it very easy for you to release all the hair into the dustbin, once you are done.
Why Dogs Shed Their Fur
Shedding is a natural process and dogs shed their entire top coat every spring and autumn to adapt to the changes in temperature. Neutered pets also tend to shed hair due to hormonal changes. However, brushing may not help you get rid of all the loose hair and debris from the topcoat. This is where a deshedding tool can help you reduce the amount of hair and dander that your dog keeps shedding naturally, round the year. Plus, it has a push button that makes it much easier to dispose of all the collected hair. No need to pull out all the hair from the tool - easy and efficient!
How the Shedding Cycle Works
Dogs, just like rabbits and cats, go through a 4-phase shedding cycle as follows:
- The growth phase - this is the phase when the hair starts growing from the follicles
- The regressing phase - this is when the hair reaches its full length and stops growing
- The rest phase - this is when the hair becomes weak and dies
- The shedding phase - this is when the dead hair falls and is replaced with new hair growth
How to Deshed Your Pet
For the best results, deshed your pet only after washing and drying the coat completely. Follow these three steps for safe and easy hair removal:
- Inspect your pet thoroughly and remove any tangles with a comb. If your pet has bruises, sores, or skin conditions that may be concealed under the coat, see a vet before using the deshedding tool.
- Use the deshedding tool the same way you use a brush and stroke across the coat. Start from the head and gently move the brush in the direction of hair growth. Be cautious near the genitals and anus and always angle the brush's teeth towards the coat.
- Push the button to remove all the excess hair after use. Use for 10-20 minutes once or twice a week depending on the hair growth.
This tool is designed for use on shedding breeds only. Do not use if your pet has sensitive skin. If your pet experiences any irritation after using the tool, please consult a veterinarian.
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "/home/animigo/domains/animigo.co.uk/public_html/Templates/middle/popup/single_review_img_popup.tpl" in /home/animigo/domains/animigo.co.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093